Why Buy a Maintenance Plan?
After purchasing a new system, it’s easy to let your guard down and assume that it will work perfectly for years to come. But, much like a vehicle, your heating and cooling units need regular maintenance to ensure that you get the maximum amount of use out of them, and to ensure that the unit stays as energy efficient as possible.
When you purchase our maintenance plan there are some great benefits to consider, as well. These benefits include:
- Preferred appointment times. You get to jump to the front of the line so your home is always as comfortable as possible.
- Discounts on the price of repairs, including parts and labor.
- Discounts on replacement units.
- Parts and labor discounts on repairs up to one year.
- Peace of mind.
What does the plan mean to you? It means that you’ll have planned maintenance. Services are scheduled to ensure that the unit is operating as efficiently as it should be. When the system is continually maintained, you are helping to avoid the probability of expensive repair bills in the future. It also means system inspections. Three times a year the units will be tuned up and checked up on so any necessary replacements can be made before there is an issue. Air filters will be cleaned, ducts will be cleaned, and all components of your cypress AC will be beautifully maintained throughout the year to ensure the home is always as comfortable as possible.
Cooling Tune Ups
In Cypress, we see a comfortable spring with temperatures rising as we move into May. May is when our cooling tune-ups will take place. We run a complete tune up with tasks including:
- Air filters are cleaned
- Refrigerant levels are checked and charged
- Voltage is checked
- Condensate drain is checked
- Compressor contacts are inspected
- Thermostat is checked
- Capacitors are inspected
- Relays are checked
- Unit inspected for vibrations and abnormal noise
- Running amperage is checked
Heating Tune Ups
As we move into the fall, we stop thinking about our Cypress air conditioners and start thinking about our furnaces. Although we generally have a mild fall, it’s best to be prepared and this is where our heating tune ups will come in handy. When our NATE technicians come out to do an inspection in October they will:
- Inspect all burners and clean, if needed
- Check flue pipes and draft diverters
- Inspect pilot and clean as needed
- Check safety pilot
- Inspect accessible heat exchangers
- Check thermostat
- Inspect gas valve
- Check for any combustible material on or near the furnace
An annual cleaning and maintenance check will be performed in February and will include:
- Removal of furnace burners, cleaning if necessary
- Inspecting heat exchanger for cracks, holes or other signs of aging
- Check gas pressure at furnace
- Removal and cleaning of blower wheel
- Inspect blower motor and lubricate if needed
- Inspect evaporator
- Clean drain pans and clear lines
- Clean condenser coil
- Inspect condenser motor and lubricate as needed
- Tighten all electrical connections as needed
- Check fan control
- Check limit safety switch
- Check performance and efficiency of heating system
- Check and clean air filters
As you can see, choosing to purchase a maintenance plan simply makes good sense. It protects your investment and gives you peace of mind that any issues that may arise, will be caught before any more damage is caused. Like your vehicle, when you catch a small problem earlier, it makes repairs much more affordable. Long term, our maintenance plans will serve you well and will be well worth the investment. If you would like to set up an appointment to have one of our technicians come out and talk to you about our plans and inspect your units, please contact us at 832-677-3273. We look forward to providing you with the best service possible.